Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Ruffle Tree Skirt…

This tutorial has been floating around Pinterest, and my good friend made one and I just had to try it.  It was a tedious project, but totally worth it!  The directions in the tutorial are for a no-sew skirt, but I used my machine to ruffle the fabric strips first, then hot glued them down.   I imagined I saved myself from hours of gluing. 

To ruffle fabric: Set tension to the highest it will go (wheel dial about where you thread).
Set thread length the longest setting (mine is 5)
Remember to backstitch and away you go.
This will save you so much time when it comes to ruffles.

I then got to work gluing the rows of ruffles onto the base.  I LOVE IT!!!
Visit My Crazy Life for the tutorial.

2002_edited-12005_edited-12007_edited-1

1 comment: